Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Labels

cakes (3) cookies (2) macarons (2)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Foot/ Legs matters!


These days the place that Paige and I frequent is the library! We visit the library about 2 times in a week. She really enjoys going there and picking up so many books on one visit that she needs to use my quota for her books. Each card is only allowed to borrow 6 books and with so many selections, we both reaches our quota. Therefore, in order to borrow more books she took her papa card.

You can only see me at the baking and cooking section, borrowing all the cook n bake books for family and kids. Looking through the books, i saw one recipe that caught my eyes-macarons! I started going through the recipe and watched some videos on youtube and here i started my 1st batch of macarons. I failed on my 1st attempt as the macarons came out flat and having no foot/legs. I tried again a few days later and i was so excited to see the outcome that i stand infront of the oven and see how the foot/legs are formed. I was so happy when the foot started to formed and the macarons started to rise.

I brought it to my nephew birthday party on the day itself for tasting! The response was so good i din have the chance to taste one myself... it feels so good that everything just wiped out in a few minutes.

I used Van Houten cocoa powder for the macarons and used Chocolate Factory antioxidants dark chocolate for the ganache. The antioxidants helps improve blood circulation, promotes the ability to concentrate, strengthens the immune system naturally and last but not last helps in anti aging! Yum.. yum....!


I baked this coconut almond macarons yesterday and will be exploring into more flavours! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...